gnopernicus on Slackware wasRe: about tty's in slackware 10

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Sat Aug 21 12:50:50 EDT 2004

Hi.  Unless you build and install festival , you aren't
going to get any speech from gnopernicus.  The default voice for
Gnopernicus uses festival.  When I played with Slackware 10.0 recently,
I noticed their wasn't a festival package.  If you have the commercial
DECtalk software, you can gry installing it and rebuilding the
gnome-speech package.  Another option is to get freeTTS working and
rebuild gnome-speech so it can use it.
To start gnopernicus, press alt-f2 in the X console and just type
gnopernicus.  You don't need any options.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny