FC2 Kernel 2.6.8 RPM

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-722-7209 wacker at octothorp.org
Fri Aug 20 00:01:31 EDT 2004

Hi,

      Actually, it's something a bit different, and, IMPO, very cool.  The
ALSA drivers are being used as before, but if the application uses the
obsolete OSS interface, the system will send a message to the console
warning you of the problem.  for example, ogg123 uses the ALSA interface,
so you won't get a message.  On the other hand, SOX and Trplayer use the
old fashioned interface, so a message is generated.

           HTH.

--
Bill in Denver