speakup and the sonar system?

Erik Heil eheil at va3duk.serveftp.com
Tue Aug 17 16:33:54 EDT 2004

Hi Greg.  Very good points their.  Well, let's think about this for a
minute.  if you install Windows Eyes on a real Windows machine, you could
use a monitoring utility which will keep track of all system registry
values that have been written or modified during the installation.  Then,
you could strip out the TTS stuff, copy the binaries into their propper
locations, and specify your hardware synth hopefully in the registry.  i'm
not sure if this would work, but I think its getting a little closer.
Here's why the Microsoft TTS engine won't work under Wine.  I'm not sure
whether it has support for the MSappi stuff.  Possibly you could install
it, and hey, it just might be able to run.  I wonder if Freedom Science
Fiction's products do the same thing?  Its worth looking into.  With our
luck, they probably do.

--
Erik Heil <eheil at va3duk.serveftp.com>
Phone: (865) 673-0542