still searching for modem

Grant E. Metcalf thegems at shellworld.net
Mon Aug 16 22:57:30 EDT 2004

I have tried with wvdial, minicom, used the setserial command to try and
locate or identify my u.s.robotics 56000, ISA slot modem.   When I boot in
DOS 7x, the Commo program uses the modem on port3, com=3,3e8,5. When
translated into Linux using /dev/ttyS2 and IRQ 5, there is no recognition
of a modem.

Any more suggestions as to how to get recognition will be appreciated.
Thanks to Greg and Bill for their help thus far.

Grant
Listening for His shout! - First Thessalonians 4:16

Visit the Home Page of Bartimaeus Alliance of the Blind, Incorporated at
http://thegems.shellworld.net