Arcos mp3 player, the right way?

Glenn Ervin GlennErvin at cableONE.net
Mon Aug 16 00:29:35 EDT 2004

>From Glenn Ervin
This message originated from a computer which I do not usually use, and when
you reply, you may not be replying to my e-mail address, so my e-mail
address is:
GlennErvin at cableONE.net
Here is the info on the proper models, taken from the website, which I will
also paste below.
Rockbox is a free open-source firmware for some of the Archos models of
Jukeboxes, which have a 20 Gig hardDrive, and now have speech support, if
you use the RockBox firmware.

Rockbox Logo

Rockbox is an Open Source replacement firmware for the Archos Jukebox 5000,
6000, Studio, Recorder, FM Recorder and Recorder V2 MP3 players.

Rockbox is a complete rewrite and uses no fragments of the original
firmware. It boasts
numerous features
while remaining
easy to use.

Installing Rockbox does not harm your Archos, it works the same way you
upgrade your ordinary Archos firmware.

News

http://rockbox.haxx.se/

.