unable to find modem

Grant E. Metcalf thegems at shellworld.net
Sat Aug 14 18:36:40 EDT 2004

I have not been able to locate my USRobotics 56k modem in the Linux
environment with the WVDIAL program, nor MINICOM.  Bill Acker suggested I
ask the list if anyone has some ideas as to what the problem may be and a
possible solution.   I currently am using the modem with Commo 7.7 running
DOS 7x on a shell dialup.  I wanted to try getting a PPP connection
working with access4free.com to see if I would prefer going all the way
with Linux.

Thanks.

Grant
Listening for His shout! - First Thessalonians 4:16

Visit the Home Page of Bartimaeus Alliance of the Blind, Incorporated at
http://thegems.shellworld.net