escaping filenames

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at sent.com
Fri Aug 13 14:27:03 EDT 2004

One more way to handle those difficult filenames is with the pilot
utility that comes with pine. Pilot lets you navigate a directory and
perform actions on the filename or directory name currently highlighted.
So you would arrow down to the offending file, and either type 'd' to
delete it or 'r' to rename it. There are other actions you might take
too, such as 'e' to edit it or just 'enter' to view it.  You can also
'l' launch an application giving the file as an argument, or 'c' to copy
it somewhere.

Chuck

My home page is at http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh