escaping filenames

Ralph W. Reid rreid at sunset.net
Fri Aug 13 13:56:58 EDT 2004

A couple of things have worked for me when file names try to get
tangled up with command line options:

1.  Use a full or partial path name for the file, such as ./<filename>
or /home/mydir/subdir/filename.

2.  Use wildcard characters to get at the file, such as in
*partial_filename.mp3.

3.  Put the file name in quotes, as in "filename" or 'filename'.

HTH, and have a _great_ weekend!