Problems making a new initrd to make a new kernel of speakup talk

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Aug 9 21:12:53 EDT 2004

Suggest you check things more carefully.

1.)	The instructions in the Fedora HOWTO that name /mnt/sysimage
explicitly state that you do this at the end of an installation of the
Speakup Modified Fedora Core. This is not the same as installing a new
kernel in an existing installation of Fedora.

2.)	If you want specific help, please be more specific about what
you did and the precise error message. Your comment that "-v -f" doesn't
exist is just plain wrong. These options most certainly do exist for the
mkinitrd command. Many of us usetje, regularly.

3.)	Please check your typing. It's Fedora with an 'e,' for example.
Is it possible sloppy typing is the source of your problems with these
commands as well?