Suggestions.

Keith Watson Kwatson at smed.yi.org
Sat Aug 7 12:35:58 EDT 2004

Folks,

I need a suggestion or two for a dilemma that I am facing. I have
a file which I am using grep to return a line with a particular
search string and the following line.

grep -A 1 string filename

Here's the dilemma. There are multiple instincenses of the string
so I have multiple two line returns. This is good, but what I
really want is the second line only. Problem is that the second
line has no common string on which to search, hence the search on
line one. Anyone got any suggestions?
--
Keith Watson
kwatson at smed.yi.org

Among the major impediments to discovery are not the ignorant
but those with illusions of knowledge.    - B. Alan Wallace