bash question

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at sent.com
Thu Aug 5 05:10:03 EDT 2004

If all you want to do is check if it has returned zero or nonzero, you
can use the if-then-else construct, like this:

if command arg1 arg2 ...
then
action1
else
action2
vi

The first action is on success, the second action is on an error value
returned from command.

Chuck

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Gregory Nowak wrote:

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (75% of Full)
My home page is at http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh