Laptops For Linux?

Luke Davis ldavis at shellworld.net
Mon Aug 2 17:20:57 EDT 2004

I'm hearing bad things about Dell hardware, now.  If something goes wrong,
and you need something, say memory, replaced, and you can not immediately
duplicate the problem in Windows running on the unit, or if they find out
that you are running Linux (especially "Redhead Linux", as they supposedly
put it in a letter to one customer), you will not get support or
replacement.  I don't think IBM has that particular problem, and I am now
thinking about an IBM TP A30P.