Speech clarity with DECtalk 5 and Speakup.

Jayson Smith ratguy at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 1 08:17:01 EDT 2004

Hi,
Ok, I'm about to open up a huge can of worms here, but...  You like 4.61?
Are you the only one?  I much prefer the old Digital 4.2 versions or the 4.3
version you get when you download the Dectalk software demo for Windows from
the unofficial Dectalk archive.  Imho, Force ruined it with 4.61.  It just
sounds different, somehow.  I think 5.0 sounds more like the older versions.
They say the new Dectalk USB is supposed to sound much like the 4.2 versions
but I have not heard it yet.
Jayson.