Installing Speakup

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Fri Apr 30 10:54:39 EDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 09:30:58AM -0400, Vic Beckley wrote:
> the only prompt I get pertaining to Speakup is whether I have a Doubletalk PC or not.  Speakup is not mentioned anywhere in the config.  Below is what I am doing.

This is not a speakup option, this is the emacspeak doubletalk pc driver.

> Unpack clean kernel image and Speakup
> Set Linux symbolic link
> Change to Speakup folder and type ./install with no significant errors
> Change to Linux

You need to run make mrproper clean, and then run make config. You
should run these after changing to linux, and before running make
dep. All
your other steps look fine. You also want to make sure you answer y to
the configure vga console option, else you won't get the speakup choices.