software speech installation

Hynek Hanke hanke at volny.cz
Thu Apr 29 16:56:59 EDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 02:56:59PM -0500, Stephen Clower wrote:
> Hi Jacob,
>   Would you mind passing that file along to me? There is no dtk-generic.conf
> in my distribution of Speech Dispatcher.

If there is really no such file in your distribution, you might
be using an old version of Speech Dispatcher. If this is the
case, Jacob's file wont work for you even if he sends you one.

The current version of Speech Dispatcher is 0.3 and it includes
this file, although Jacob has some interesting modifications
into it. 0.3 should run perfectly with these changes, but
0.2 won't work with DTK because I had to add some code for
a new option that is used in dtk-generic.conf.

If you are using a CVS version, just update, recompile and
reinstall. If you are using tarballs, please go to
http://www.freebsoft.org/speechd . Of course, it's easiest to use
Debian and just type apt-get install speech-dispatcher :)

With Regards,
Hynek