software speech installation

Jacob Schmude jschmude at adelphia.net
Thu Apr 29 15:21:16 EDT 2004

Hi
Also, take a look at the dtk-generic file in
/usr/local/etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/dtk-generic.conf. The DECTalk's
say command on my system was renamed dtk-say because of early speech
dispatcher versions, which liked to install a program also called "say".
This has been fixed, and some other things too, in the new
dtk-generic.conf file I've created. I've contact the developer of the
generic module to see if he'd like to include the updated version, and am
waiting for a response. In the mean time, I'll send the newer config file
to anyone who wants it.
HTH