search engine for the archives?

dking at pimpsoft.com dking at pimpsoft.com
Thu Apr 29 14:15:31 EDT 2004

A mysql database, designed to use both posted dates/times and topics as the primary key may work better then a grep based solution as you said; I happen to know a
small amount of relational data base design, and from my limited experience a small one table mysql database with a php front end may fit the needs of the project,
then again I may be wrong.

The difference is search; What do you want to search by? The initial design of the database would define its abilities and how you can interact with it, what and how
you can search it and so forth, designed badly it would be un-searchable.

 - D