Missing something important

Stephen Clower steve at steve-audio.net
Wed Apr 28 19:49:41 EDT 2004

Hi Chuck,
  Don't feel bad, I'm newer to this stuff than you probably are. So far as I can tell, there isn't yet a document around for putting these components together, so I'm just going with what I think I'm supposed to do. As for speechd.conf, you can find it in your source directory/config. Again, this wasn't in the documentation, I just went on a search for it. Also, even though Speechd-up supports the Dectalk, there's no mention of the module name in the config file. I'm guessing it's just called "dectalk" or "dtk-soft." All of these projects are in really early stages of development, so I can't say I'm surprised that no one has gotten around to writing thurrough documentation for speechd-up and using it with software speech.

Stephen Clower, that guy from the south.
You can reach me by any of the following:
E-Mail: steve at steve-audio.net
MSN: steve at steve-audio.net
AIM: AudioRabbit03

You can also check out my little home on the web by visiting http://www.steve-audio.net