understanding hardware support

Debee Norling NorlingDeborah at fhda.edu
Wed Apr 28 15:02:15 EDT 2004

Thanks so, so much for everyone who answered my questions. People are so
helpful on this list, and I know how tiring it gets to answer newbie
questions repeatedly.

I have done Windows, access technology software and commercial scanner and
OCR tech support for over ten years. If any of my knowledge can repay the
favor, feel free to email me privately to ask for any help in those areas.

Anyone who flames you listers about not supporting new users is not holding
up their end of the bargain. They can always go back through the list
archives which is how I found much of the information I'm now using.

The explanations about modules and patches and drivers all are clear in my
mind now. I've gone back to read much of the material I collected from the
LDP and it makes so much more sense. Half the trouble with understanding
something new is often just terminology.

I have no more questions for the moment; and I want to spend some time
absorbing all the good new info and playing with my system. I'm continuing
to lurk but will comment only when I have something useful to contribute.

--Debee