Shutting down Linux

Jospeh C. Lininger jbahm at pcdesk.net
Tue Apr 27 18:59:54 EDT 2004

ON most systems, they are the same program. IN fact, if you are not at
runlevel 0 or 6, most of the time the reboot and poweroff programs simply
invoke shutdown. The shutdown script then invokes the command again, only
this time they actually execute since you are at level 0 or 6. Halt is
simply the poweroff command.
---
Joseph C. Lininger
jbahm at pcdesk.net
Note, the following is used for automated processing. Please leave in tact
if quoting me in a reply.
Verification: 5eab38a77ac40416e075be8f50607ff7