dectalk text to wave success!!!

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Mon Apr 26 14:32:42 EDT 2004

well, I was able at least to use say -h and get information for doing the
wave file.
You actually don't need to use cat; I don't know whether or not there
would be some advantage to this.
I just did:

say -e 1 -fo test.wav -fi test.txt
The number after the 1 specifies the type of wav file:
                       1   for PCM, 16 bit Mono 11KHz format
                       2   for PCM,  8 bit Mono 11KHz format
                       3   for MULAW 8 bit Mono  8KHz format
I wasn't sure whether I wanted 1 or 2 so just did 1 for the test.
It processes quickly and you don't listen to it while it's
doing the wave
file.
What a variety of voices!!!
You could easily run a program to do several text files and go merrily on
you way; if you have limited room on your hd you'd want to include steps
for conversion of each file to ogg or mp3 and subsequent removal of the
.wav file if you didn't want it kept.
Does the rt contain all languages or just English?
Thanks all; I'm really happy I bought this!!!
Am going to rae to fonix about it, though also am going to point out the
problems i had.

--
Cheryl