converting text files to sound files

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Sun Apr 25 21:41:19 EDT 2004

Hi.  The change in voices from DECtalk 4.x to 5.x isn't all a bad thing.
It depends on the voice you like and your personal preference.  Paul has
changed in a bad way, but I don't like the paul voice any way.  Betty
has changed in a good way and since I like that voice it is an
improvement for me.  Don't forget a person's prefered synth is like a
person's prefered editor.  Everyone "knows" their choice is the best.

I've been happy with how Fonix is dealing with the Linux DECtalk synth.
I never really liked Viavoice, so the way IBM has handled that synth
isn't a big deal for me.

         Kenny