Starting with Linux

Tom and Esther Ward tward1978 at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 24 23:25:17 EDT 2004

Snip:
"You do not need a GUI in Linux so don't waste the time with Gnome as
your effort to make it work will NOT be rewarded"
Reply:
On the contrary I use gnopernicus for a great many tasks and with Gnome 2.6
and Gnopernicus 0.8.4 functionally operating you can use gedit if you like a
Windows-like text editor like I do, use file roller to unpack archives,
balsa for sending/recieving email, gnome-cd for playing music cds,
gnome-volume for controling volume, and a handfull of other apps including
Openoffice on a daily basis.
Point here, while gnopernicus has a long ways to go there is many things it
can be used for on a daily basis.  Weather every end user of the software
has the same needs or uses it for those kinds of apps depends on the user
and is subjective. However, saying that it can not be used on a daily basis
is off base.