Getting right alt key back?

Jacob Schmude jschmude at adelphia.net
Sat Apr 24 20:05:28 EDT 2004

Hi
Find whatever keyboard map file you are using, where it is depends on what
distribution you have. Most distros just load the appropriate keymap from
/usr/share/keymaps or /usr/lib/keymaps, but I know debian actually copies
the chosen keymap into /etc somewhere (can't remember exactly where now).
Once you find it, gunzip it if necessary and put the following line in it:
keycode  100 = Alt
Save it, gzip it, and load it with the loadkeys command. There ya go.
HTH