Noone could be bothered answering my post, maybe if I ask the same thing in a different way they will - or maybe they hate newbies

Stephen Clower steve at steve-audio.net
Sat Apr 24 20:03:42 EDT 2004

Hi Jonathan,
  Unfortunately, there is no perfect distribution. The best I can recommend doing is to read about various distributions and see which one you like the best. Some of the more popular ones are listed below:
Fedora, formerly Red Hat Linux: http://www.fedora.com
Debian Linux: http://www.debian.org
Slackware Linux: http://www.slackware.com
Mandrake Linux: http://www.mandrake.com