Zipspeak 9.1 has been released!

nick G nick6489 at optonline.net
Sat Apr 24 18:32:32 EDT 2004

After far too long on ice, the zipspeak project has resurfaced.  New features in zipspeak 9.1 include the Linux kernel 2.4.22, speakup 1.5, the links web browser, and more.  The l y n x browser has been removed by Slackware, but don't fret, work on zipspeak 9.11 is now in progress.  Upcoming features will be the inclusion of the l y n x browser and Matt Campbell's lynx configuration, deb2tgz, a phocility by which deb packages can be converted to tgz's, and the inclusion of a version of apt for Slackware.  We will not update the Kernel until Slackware does so.
    First of all, I'd like to thank a few people.  I'd like to thank Matthew Campbell for his look at Linux series.  It was this series that got me started on Linux, and made me hear about the zipspeak Linux distribution.  I'd like to thank Sakhib shake for sending the message to the speakup list oh so long ago telling how to create a version of zipspeak.  Without these people, I don't think zipspeak would have a maintainer now.  I know that it is very easy to create this distro, more so than it was before, but there are those who would probably want to just download, configure, and run.  Therefore, I decided to do this.  Hopefully, We'll be able to post to the speakup ftp site, and I will do everything in my power to make sure this distro is maintained again.
    Happy Linux using, and looking forward to zipspeak 9.11,
Nick