Nforce2 sound card was Re: Anyone care to read this!

Whitley CTR Cecil H WhitleyCH.ctr at cherrypoint.usmc.mil
Fri Apr 23 08:29:34 EDT 2004

Hi,
>Hi.  Have you managed to get the on board nforce sound card to be multi
>channel?  I have it working with alsa 1.04, but it seems stuck in
>surround.

I can't say that I have.  CD playback worked, games with sound worked,
didn't go much beyond that.  It's my wife's box and she normally stands
guard over her computer fairly vigilently.  Once a livecd with gimp 2.0 is
out, it will probably see more linux time.  She does a lot of work with
digital pictures, and gimp 2.0 has peaked her interest.
Cecil