Anyone care to read this!

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Apr 20 13:51:25 EDT 2004

No, he should have named the offending card by name so we could all clearly see his error.

Who told him Linux would run on that system? Was it certified for Linux use? I rather suspect not. So, he took it on himself to try and make it work. Well, that is his perogative. But it does not follow that he gets to blame the OS if the system won't work.

There is no obligation on the part of anyone doing Linux development to support any and all hardware that some manufacturer might fabricate. It doesn't work that way. And, it's a fool who just assumes it should work that way.