problems compiling FLite

Doug Sutherland wearable at cogeco.ca
Sun Apr 18 13:31:59 EDT 2004

Stephen,

This has been mind boggling to me, but I have been trying to compile Flite
for years! Every time a new rev of slackware came out, I tried compiling
Flite, and every time it failed. I always got an internal compiler error
or something like that. Recently, I finally did succeed compiling Flite,
but that was using an LFS (Linux From Scratch) build. One thing seems very
clear, that compilation of Flite really taxes a system. I think that some
of these errors might be due to heat problems. If there is anything you
can do to make your system run cooler, maybe try that. Perhaps removing
the case cover would do the trick. Anyone else have insight into this?

   -- Doug

It takes a LONG time to compile flite. There are a couple of modules that
take maybe 20-30 minutes just for one .o file to compile. And like I said
I never succeeded with slackware 8.0, 8.1, 9.0, 9.1 LOL