Problems with trplayer.

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sun Apr 18 09:43:22 EDT 2004

Hi, Tom:

I'm still running Real Player 8 because my trplayer is working (per Bill's LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1

          HTH.
--

Bill in Denver

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, Janina Sajka wrote:

> There's an environment variable that might enable you to use trplayer with the+Real Player 8.0 rpm available on the Speakup web site. I'm sorry I can't
+immediately get at what that is. I'll post later--or perhaps Bill Acker or
+someone else can chime in with it.

> Folks, let's not miss the essential fact. The problem here is proprietary
+code. The Real products, including third party support software such at Matt
+Campbell's trplayer, are proprietary. You want it to work with today's Real
+products? You're obliged to go to Real with a request and they'll oblige you to+sign something before giving you their SDK.

+<speakup at braille.uwo.ca>
> > > Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 3:07 PM
> > > Subject: Re: Converting real media to mp3.

-N  - 10/1292: William F. Acker       Re: Problems with trplayer.      -- (54%)
 trick).

However, I will say that mplayer works pretty well. It has an embarrasment of switches so can be rather daunting at first.