Laptops that Linux likes?

Rejean Proulx rejean at interfree.ca
Sat Apr 17 08:55:14 EDT 2004

Does Mandrake work with Speakup, or other screen readers?  It sounds like
what I want if and when I move my desktop to Linux.  I want something quick,
simple, and that doesn't require you to be a power user.  Debian is terrific
for my server, but I'm not sure that I want something quite so complicated
for my desktop.  Although I have 30 years experience in the data processing
industry, I like simple things for everyday use.  Why crawl through all
kinds of options you have to memorize if you don't have to.  It is good to
present both sides to a story, which you have done.  These kinds of
distributions are how Linux can move from power users to average users.

 Rejean Proulx
Visit my family at http://interfree.ca
MSN is: rejp at rogers.com
Ham License VA3REJ