motherboards

Glenn Ervin at Home GlennErvin at cableone.net
Thu Apr 15 23:12:18 EDT 2004

Hi Igor,
Usually an experienced  sighted person has no trouble identifying the types
of slots, and likewise the experienced Blind person will have no problems
here.
I don't believe that they label the PCI slots, and the AGP slot.  We usually
can tell those by our experience.
But one thing, and I think it is referring to what you called the zip slot.
I think that you are referring to the IDE plugs, which your IDE drive will
plug into.  The 3.5 drive plug is the shorter of the three, but there are 2
others that can get mistaken for each other.  That would be the primary
drive plug and the other is the secondary drive plug.  It would help to
label these.
Now the Memory slots are usually easily identified, but what we don't know
is the number of pins and the type of memory for them.  So I would think
that this and some other answers would best be given in the manual, in an
accessible format.  But again, the 2 IDE plugs do need to be identified.
You also mentioned the jumpers.  If there were a way of labeling these, that
would be great, but I don't know how it would be done.  I would suggest that
they go with a switch rather than the old style jumper setting.
Glenn