The anti-MS Word and Power-point signature tagline.

Toby Fisher toby at tjfisher.co.uk
Sun Apr 11 19:42:02 EDT 2004

Hi folks.

As many of you do, I used to use the tag line about not sending Word or
Ppt files, however I've discovered a rather unfortunate side-effect, and
was wondering if it's afflicted anyone else.

I have to take delivery of quite a lot of docs from people who use MS
Office, and after seeing my signature, they try to be kind by sending me
an rtf document.  At least with a Word doc, you can do:

cat foo.doc |strings |less
and get pretty much all of the text together and it's readable; but what
the *#@! do you do about an rtf file which is much bigger, and has loads
of crap between all the words?

Just wondering.

Cheers.

p.s. you'll notice I've removed it now, not least because I now have a
Windows lap top that was paid for.

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at tjfisher.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808