FreedomBox ot? sound problem

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Sun Apr 11 14:03:43 EDT 2004

Well, got the same results. when i built sound support into the kernel and
modularized emu10k1, it didn't load itself; I had to load the emu10k1 and
ac97_codec modules. then, as with unmodularized, saytime worked, but most
applications which would be using /dev/dsp as output file, did not work.
I've searched google and haven't found an answer that helps my case. But
at least the commercial oss, which is what I was primarily using anyway,
works fine. I only wanted to doublecheck with the kernel sound support and
a 2.4 kernel 92.4.25) to make sure the problem with freedombox wasn't
related to conflicts with commercial oss. And I also don't like unsolved
mysteries.

--
Cheryl