FreedomBox ot?

Matt Campbell mattc at freedombox.cc
Sun Apr 11 01:22:40 EDT 2004

Well, FreedomBox doesn't require ALSA.  I've tested it with the emu10k1
OSS driver that comes with kernel version 2.4.22; I haven't tried a 2.6
kernel yet.  And on my 266 MHz machine I used the cs4231 OSS driver that
comes with the kernel.

To narrow down the problem, try the following.  First, start usound
manually as explained in the README file.  Then, from the freedombox
directory, type the following:

helpers/mplayer -ao usound http://www.freedombox.info/mp3/fb_talk.mp3

This will use the patched version of MPlayer that comes with FreedomBox
to play an MP3 stream from the FreedomBox web site.  Let me know if that
audio is distorted.

Matt