FreedomBox and the Mozilla Public License

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Sat Apr 10 08:04:47 EDT 2004

Hi, Ann.  I haven't tried the Freedom Box yet.  A Pentium 233 can run X,
but it will be slow.  After my desktop crashed, Mary Ann and I have
been sharing a P 233 laptop with 60 meg of ram.  As you know, she does
everything in the GUI.  Browzing with Mozilla works for her, but it is
real slow.  I wouldn't want to try running the Freedom Box on such a
slow system.  This box is still using Gnome 1.4 and I can't easily
upgrade it any way.

If you have more than 64 meg of ram try it, but be prepared to wait.
Hope this helps.
          Kenny