speak freely via a router

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Thu Apr 8 16:28:35 EDT 2004

the really good ones have a serial port for their management. I used
one of those interfaces on a nortel concintrator once and it was
pretty cool.
On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 11:30:34AM -0400, Erik Heil wrote:
> Some routers actually have a telnet interface, so we don't even have to deal
> with the Web-based stuff.  Hmmm, Xyxel makes them, but they're DSL
> modems/bridges.  Cisco also does, but unless you get them on EBay, forget
> about it, they're expensive for what you want them to do.  Granted they
> provide nice features.

I forgot to mention an important fact in the 1.3.67 announcement. In order to
get a fully working kernel, you have to follow the steps below:
 - Walk around your computer widdershins 3 times, chanting "Linus is
   overworked, and he makes lousy patches, but we love him anyway". Get
   your spuouse to do this too for extra effect.  Children are optional.
 - Apply the patch included in this mail
 - Call your system "Super-67", and don't forget to unapply the patch
   before you later applying the official 1.3.68 patch.
 - reboot
	-- Linus Torvalds, announcing another kernel patch