speak freely via a router

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Apr 8 08:17:15 EDT 2004

I have an SMC Barricade that provides me 802.11b plus 3 100Mbps ethernet jackes. It does NAT do a degree as well. I have it serving 192.168.177.0 on wireless and 192.168.77.0 on the wired ports. Some machines have static IPs, and others are assigned via DHCP all of which this router manages quite well. I configure everything using Lynx. I can do everything except make the changes take effect with Lynx. Fortunately, the changes take effect by simply power cycling the router. In other words, I can save my changes to the router's memory, I just can't power cycle it from Lynx. I have to power cycle by hand.