Alsa and kernel 2.6.5

Jacob Schmude jschmude at adelphia.net
Tue Apr 6 22:33:19 EDT 2004

Hi
	That's what I don't quite understand. I can cat to them, I get no
errors or even warning messages, but no sound either. The appropriate
modules are loaded, I've checked and double-checked that. The volumes are
set to play, but I can't get one little squeak to come out of the card.
Maybe I'll re-enable my onboard sound and see if I can get anything to
come out of that. Maybe it's something specific to the ALSA version in
2.6.5 with the SB Live driver. Does anyone use ALSA successfully with
kernel 2.6.5 and an SB Live 5.1 card? I know I'm not suffering hardware
failure, the thing works fine with kernel 2.4.25 and ALSA 1.0.4.