safely unloading speakup modules

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Sat Apr 3 22:26:48 EST 2004

Currently the only way to safely unload modules is to echo the new
synth name and then do a modprobe -r after the synth has changed
over.  I told you there were still issues with the 2.6.x kernels of
which there are two loading and unloading modules cleanly including
the help module and cut and paste.  I does no good asking me how long
it will take to fix them because if it was something I could
accomplish easily it would be done by now.  They are both sticky
problems I haven't been able to  figure out so any volunteers wishing
to step up and show me how it's done please by all means do.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061