Text2speech recommendations?

Guy Abandon. text.tools at virgin.net
Mon Sep 29 16:45:54 EDT 2003

I would like opinions and recommendations on a suitable software
combination so that I can convert large blocks of ascii text to
reasonable or good quality speech to be saved in .wav or  converted
into .mp3.
The final objective might be to convert to a daisy format suitable for
reading in a Victor Reader Classic, the standard RNIB Talking Book
Library player.  Yes, this will include burning output to a CD which I
intend to get soon.  Would that Dectalk speech engine mentioned here a
few times do the conversion for example?  I must have Festival lying
around here somewhere too.

GA!

.....     or someone very like me!