how to fix the file system?

Joseph C. Lininger jbahm at pcdesk.net
Mon Sep 29 16:04:59 EDT 2003

Well, journaling is not fool proof, but it will usually allow you to recover
with very little difficulty. When fsck runs, it first checks to see if the
filesystem has a journal. If so, it replays it to recover the filesystem.
Then, it checks to seeif a bit has been set in the filesystem which
indicates other errors. If the bit is set, it performs a complete check to
repair any damages.
--
Joseph C. Lininger
jbahm at pcdesk.net