CD Bible

Ralph W. Reid rreid at sunset.net
Sun Sep 28 10:35:38 EDT 2003

Diana Dawne staggered into view and mumbled:

>Hi everyone.  I am aware that there are many different cd Bibles out
>there.  What might be a good one for us?  I have a friend who is looking
>for either that, or she has heard that it is available in a stand alone
>thing, kind of like the franklin dictionary.  Could someone make some
>suggestions?

Which translation and what kind of features are you looking for?  One
King James translation which works well on LINUX (and other OS's) can
be found at ftp site ftp.cdrom.com in /pub/simtelnet/msdos/bible.
Get the files kbib-kj*.zip and unzip them into an empty directory
(the resulting files will require over 4 MB of space).  While
this particular release was originally set up for DOS systems, the
books are in ASCII text files with only enough non-printable
characters to indicate beginnings of verses.  The text is easily
readable with Speakup on LINUX.  This version can be downloaded and
burned onto a CD if you have to have a CD copy, but it is pure text
(no pictures, sounds, smells, or tastes:)), so it may not be quite
what you are looking for.

I hope this helps, and have a _great_ day!

rreid at sunset.net  http://personalweb.sunset.net/~rreid
Opinions herein are either mine or they are flame bait.
PARABOLA = x ^ 2