Sound Cards

Thomas Stivers stivers_t at tomass.dyndns.org
Sat Sep 27 12:25:08 EDT 2003

On 09/27/03 12:15 PM -0400, Rejean Proulx wrote:
> so far so good, except that I can't figure out what to use for bz2 files.
> The instructions say to use tar but it doesn't work.  There is a utility
> that does it I'm sure but for now, it is a mystery to me.

First there is bunzip2 which will just open bz2 files, but then you
still have to run the resulting tar file through tar. Most current
versions of tar have an option (either -j or -y) which will decompress
bz2 files.

--
Unix is a user friendly operating system. It just picks its friends more
carefully than others.