Slackware Install CD

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sat Sep 27 01:42:17 EDT 2003

Actually when I started out with the latest couple Slackware distros
(I think as far back as 8.0, I built my own Slackware CD's and then
realized the only CD ISO image prebuilt was an install CD with many
packages missing.  They simply don't all fit on a single disk any
more.  I guess if you want a complete CD collection for Slackware you
have to buy it from them.  Otherwise, I just roll my own to at least
include everything I need.  For Slackware 9.0, I ended 3 non-bootable
CD's with everything.  I then followed the suggested instructions to
make a saparate install disk.  I later found the regular "official
install" ISO for Slackware.

I think it was with 8.1 that they stopped making ISO images for their
entire collection.

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 07:05:17AM -0700, Justin Ekis wrote:
> Chris,
> Aha, this is slackware 9.0, right?
> I had the same problem, I wonder why they stopped putting the kernel
> source on the cd.
> You simply need to download this package using wget like this.
> wget
> ftp://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/slackware/slackware-9.0/slackware/k/kernel-source-2.4.20-noarch5.tgz
> then type installpkg kernel-source-2.4.20-noarch5.tgz and try again.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Justin----- Original Message -----

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html