procmail

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Fri Sep 26 18:52:20 EDT 2003

Well, you could modify the regexp string to be perhaps a specific user
address in the header or subject key words, etc.  I forget the way to
pull text from the message body for testing in case you need that.  If
you need to check for different values or contexts, you might need
several rules.

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 08:43:52AM -0500, Deedra Waters wrote:
> I'm looking more for specific messages
>
> On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Chuck
> Hallenbeck wrote:
>
> > Hi Deedra,
> >
> > Here is the simplest case:
> >
> > Create a file in your home directory called ".procmailrc" and put
> > two lines in it as follows:
> >
> > :0 c
> > | play /usr/local/etc/prayer.wav
> >
> > Modify the second line to point to the particular sound file you
> > want to play, and of course if the "play" command is wrong,
> > change that too -- maybe to "aplay" for the alsa wav file player.
> >
> > You can also make the system play certain sounds when certain
> > messages are detected, but the above will play a sound whenever
> > any mail is received.
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > Chuck
> >

> > On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Deedra Waters wrote:
> >
> > > a while back someone mentioned how to get procmail to play a sound file
> > > for certain things. I'm in desperate need to get it to do this right now,
> > > if someone could let me know how to do this again, I'd very very seriously
> > > appreciate it, thanks.
> > >

> --
> Freenode staff member: dmwaters at freenode.net , http://www.freenode.net
> Debian gnu/linux: http://www.debian.org

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html