Urgent help with gnome problem

Sina Bahram sbahram at nc.rr.com
Thu Sep 25 18:53:28 EDT 2003

I believe I might have actually messed something up *I know I know, big
surprise (grin)*

When I started up the computer, after I ran the apt-get program. I
rebooted the computer and I received a few errors, after which my
desktop wouldn't come up anymore. I am afraid I might have screwed
something up big time???

It said that the pannel could not be started, also that notilus was
unable to start due to it's being restarted too many times and
encountering errors, and also it said that some of my settings won't
work like sounds and themes. What can I do to ratify the situation?

Thanks,
Sina