two more questions about gnome?

Kenny Hitt kennyhitt at knology.net
Thu Sep 25 11:57:10 EDT 2003

Hi.  I'm afraid there aren't any "official" Debian packages for Gnome
2.4.  Woody ships with Gnome 1.44.  There are back ports of Gnome 2.2
for Woody, but I haven't seen any 2.4 packages for Woody.
Sid still has Gnome 2.2 until Sarge gets all the Gnome 2.2 packages.
Once Gnome 2.2 gets into Sarge, the developers plan to start uploading
Gnome 2.4 to Sid.  There is an unofficial set of Gnome 2.4 packages for
Sid, but I haven't tried them.

I don't know of a doc that explains it all in one file.  Once you're
back up, drop by the reflector and Gene or I can help you get it
working.

          Kenny