procmail

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at sent.com
Thu Sep 25 06:38:48 EDT 2003

Hi Deedra,

Here is the simplest case:

Create a file in your home directory called ".procmailrc" and put
two lines in it as follows:

:0 c
| play /usr/local/etc/prayer.wav

Modify the second line to point to the particular sound file you
want to play, and of course if the "play" command is wrong,
change that too -- maybe to "aplay" for the alsa wav file player.

You can also make the system play certain sounds when certain
messages are detected, but the above will play a sound whenever
any mail is received.

HTH

Chuck

 Get my public key from website, http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh