dhcp help requested

Kenny Hitt kennyhitt at knology.net
Wed Sep 24 10:26:06 EDT 2003

Hi, Scott.  In my area, Comcast uses client identifier instead of the MAC
address of the network card to get an IP.  Comcast tech support calls it
"your computer name."  This isn't the host name of your system, it's a
string sent by your DHCP client.  It's been a long time since I used
them, so I'm not completely sure, but I don't think pump would let me
send the string.  Dhclient and dhcpcd did work for me.

Good luck and hope this helps.
          Kenny